Small businesses in the UK are facing an increased risk of falling victim to cyber-attacks. As a result, it’s more important than ever for small businesses to take cybersecurity seriously. One effective solution is the UK government-backed scheme, Cyber Essentials. It is designed to be easy to implement and provides a set of basic but essential controls to help small businesses protect themselves against common cyber threats. By getting Cyber Essentials certified, small businesses can significantly reduce their risk of falling victim to cyber-attacks, and also gain other benefits that can help with the growth and continuity of their business.
Here are ten reasons why your UK business should get Cyber Essentials certified:
- Protects against common cyber threats: As the name suggests, Cyber Essentials provide a set of basic but essential controls that help protect against common cyber threats. This includes security measures for firewalls, internet gateways, access control, malware protection, and patch management.
- Cost-effective solution: Implementing cyber essentials is a cost-effective solution for small businesses to reduce their risk of falling victim to cyber-attacks significantly.
- Demonstrates commitment to cybersecurity: By getting cyber essentials certified, businesses can demonstrate to their customers, partners, and suppliers that they take cybersecurity seriously.
- Increases chances of winning contracts: Many large companies now require their suppliers to be cyber essentials certified, so having cyber essentials certification can increase a business’s chances of being selected as a supplier.
- Improves reputation: Cyber essentials certification can improve a business’s reputation by showing that they are committed to protecting its customers’ data and information.
- Provides peace of mind: Cyber Essentials can provide peace of mind for business owners, knowing they have taken steps to protect themselves from cyber threats.
- Provides a competitive edge: By being cyber essentials certified, a business can gain a competitive edge in the marketplace by showing that they take cybersecurity seriously.
- Increases credibility: Cyber Essentials certification demonstrates to customers, partners, and suppliers that a business is credible and trustworthy.
- Meets regulatory requirements: Cyber Essentials certification can help businesses meet regulatory requirements, such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Easily Implemented: Cyber Essentials are easy to implement, so small businesses can quickly and efficiently take steps to protect themselves from cyber threats.
In conclusion, implementing cyber essentials is a vital step that small businesses in the UK should take to protect themselves from cyber threats. The benefits of getting cyber essentials certified are numerous, including protecting against common cyber threats, demonstrating a commitment to cyber security, improving reputation, increasing chances of winning contracts and being easily implementable.
Achieving cyber essentials certification can be challenging for small businesses due to their limited resources and expertise. However, with the help of a reputable and experienced provider like Equate Group, small businesses can easily navigate the process of implementing cyber essentials.
Equate Group’s team of experts can help with everything from assessing a business’s current security posture to implementing the necessary controls and achieving certification.
If you are a small business owner looking to protect your business from cyber threats and gain a competitive edge in the marketplace, don’t hesitate to contact Equate Group to help achieve cyber essentials certification.